Built in 1891. George A. Burnham purchased the general store about 1902 from original owner Philip Pohlman. Burnham family members continued to operate the store until 1953. The fired brick building has housed several businesses since then, including The Temecula Mercantile which opened in 1969. In the 1990s the City of Temecula purchased the building, retrofitting it to meet earthquake standards. Since 2005 it has served as the entrance and ticket office for the Old Temecula Community Theater as well as an art gallery.
Located on First Street, west of Main Street.