Built in 1886 by Theodore C. Bunker, this 2-story brick building served as both his family's home and a boarding house. In late 1887 Oceanside's First Baptist Church was both organized and held meetings here for about a year until a church building was constructed. Many years later, in the 1960s and 1970s, it had become the Traveler's Hotel and was known to be the site of prostitution activity. One of the building's owners was stabbed to death there in 1976 after which the building sat vacant and dilapidated. In 1992 it was purchased and turned into an artists' gallery and studios. The neighborhood has undergone significant redevelopment in recent years and the Bunker House is presently occupied by Apotheque, a day spa. This building is the oldest brick residential/commercial structure remaining in Oceanside. Some of the windows still contain old "wavy glass" panes.
Located at 322 North Cleveland Street on the southeast corner of North Cleveland and Civic Center Drive (formerly Fourth Street).