This Craftsman style bungalow was built circa 1924. It was briefly occupied by Henry W. Cary, his wife Julia F. and their son Oscar M. According to the 1926 San Diego County Directory and the 1926 and 1928 San Diego County Voter Registrations they were all residents of this house. Henry Cary had been a farmer, but by 1928 he was listed as retired. Oscar was a mechanic at Merrill's Garage in Oceanside. Living in the house next door at 412 North Ditmar was George A. Cary and his wife Millie M. George's occupation was as a carpenter and by 1928 he is also listed as retired. It is likely that George was related to Henry, possibly a brother, and was involved in the construction of this house. By 1930 Carys are no longer at this address, although George and Millie are still living next door. Oscar is living elsewhere in town, and the house is being rented by the Figgins family.
Located at 416 North Ditmar Street.