This cinder block building next to the Brooks Street bridge was once the location of before and after-school programs run by the Camp Fire Girls of America, now called Camp Fire U.S.A. Although the property was owned by the City of Oceanside, they gave use of the property to Camp Fire Girls of America in 1956 provided the site be used for Camp Fire programs only. In recent years Camp Fire had operated a child care center there, but with operating costs of up to $100,000 per year and little funding coming in they were no longer able to keep it open. Camp Fire closed the child care center on July 5, 2012 and the property was to be returned to the City.
Located at 402 Brooks Street in the Crown Heights neighborhood.