Built by the Methodists in 1887 after their original building was lost to a windstorm, this brick structure is the oldest church in Lake Elsinore (originally Elsinore). It was sold to the First Christian congregation in 1923 and has been continuously occupied since then as the First Christian Church. Prominent features are stained glass windows and the nearly 50-foot tall steeple housing an antique bell.
In February 2013 the Valley of the Mist Chapter of the Colonial Dames XVII Century placed a commemorative plaque in recognition of the building's historical significance.
A photograph at the Lake Elsinore Museum of the Methodist's 1887 dedication ceremony includes a figure believed to be Wyatt Earp - a tall mustached man in a white shirt standing at the top of the steps in front of the door.
Wyatt Earp Believed to be in 1887 Church Photo
Located at 503 West Heald Avenue at the northeast corner of Heald Avenue and Poe Street.