This Mission Revival style building was built in 1928 by Allen Champion. It is constructed of clay bricks from the area of Alberhill, near Elsinore. The building has housed a variety of businesses and was the home of The Rite Spot Cafe for many years. From 1974 until 1980 it was the location of the Temecula Post Office. The building underwent remodeling in 1980.
"The Champion Building
Built in 1928 By Allen Champion
Businesses located here, at various times, included a barber shop, Daley's Variety Store, restaurants including 'The Rite Spot Cafe,' a bank, and for many years, The Temecula Post Office. Building since remodeled.
Temecula Valley Historical Society
Located in Old Town Temecula at 28636 Front Street.