This depot, built by the Santa Fe Railroad, once served a Santa Fe spur line that ran from San Bernardino through Perris, then on through Hemet, ending in San Jacinto. It handled both passengers and freight. The two-story section was the passenger depot and its construction was completed in 1914, replacing two earlier depots. The long adjoining section was the freight depot. It was part of the second depot, built in 1898, and was moved to this location. It is one of the oldest structures in Hemet's downtown area. Restored by a local group, Save Our Station, the freight depot is now the home of the Hemet Museum. A coffee and bagel shop occupies the end of the building nearest Florida Avenue.
Located at the intersection of Florida Avenue and State Street. Entrance and parking lot along State Street.