The Avo Theatre was originally a neighborhood movie house. Designed by architect S. Charles Lee, it opened in December 1948 and featured an avocado shaped lobby. After closing as a movie theater it was purchased by the City of Vista in 1995 and the interior was modified to accommodate live performances. Moonlight Stage Productions produces Moonlight at the Avo, a series of performances there each winter. Renamed the Avo Playhouse, it is available to rent for performances and special events.
Located at 303 Main Street.