Built in late 1887 for Richard S. Hick and his wife, Emeline (Wright). R. S. Hick was an attorney and served as a Senator in Kansas from 1885 to 1886. He practiced law in Escondido and wrote many of the city's early ordinances. The Hicks returned to Kansas in 1890.
The Victorian style house has recently been restored to a single-family home after being converted into apartments.
Located at 710 South Broadway on the southeast corner of Broadway and Juniper Street in the Old Escondido Historic District. Although it has a Broadway address, the front of the house faces Juniper Street.